Boise State University will work to ensure accessibility of web resources for all users. We will accomplish this by meeting web accessibility guidelines set forth in Section 508 for Federal Accessibility Standards.
What are the Section 508 requirements for websites?
The internet information systems requirements can be found at:
How do I know if my website meets these accessibility standards?
This is a free validation tool you can use to check if your website meets section 508 standards:
- WAVE 3.0 http://www.wave.webaim.org/index.jsp
You can also add plug-ins to your Firefox and Google chrome browsers to check accessibility standards.
- Web Developer http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/ (please note that the accessibility checker is just one small feature of this plug-in. It has many other great tools to use while building webpages.)
What resources are available to me?
- Siteimprove Accessibility Reports
- http://www.w3.org/ World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) provides checklist, validators, and tutorials.
- http://www.section508.gov/ provides the history and specifications of Section 508 plus tutorials and training materials.
- http://www.webaim.org provides tutorials, checklists, examples, educational materials, and webcasts.